My appointment with the South African Embassy is coming to a happy close. Not that my time here was happy, just that I am happy my ordeal is almost over.
Just yesterday I was reprimanded by Semi-Senior Official of the Embassy, "Leslie" for doing my job well. I defended myself to a real Senior Official and it was discovered that I was indeed doing my job well but because of that, I was insubordinate. Huh? To cut a verly long and boring account of my day yesterday short, I am no longer working for the Embassy come Friday. It was a very lucky escape.
I am very sad to leave my comrade Cathy behind. We fought a tough and bitter battle and she has the courage to continue. For that I salute her! Onward!
For anyone in Ireland thinking they'd like to visit South Africa, or work there, or marry one... don't. Just don't. It's not worth the tears. Leslie woudn't even give you a visa home to your dead mother's funeral. I'm not even kidding.
So, more job hunting is in store for me. I'm hoping that things will soon be a little calmer, a little quieter and a lot happier in my work life.
So long South Africa...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment